FSST

This blog is a collaborative effort between the Foundation for Student Science and Technology (formerly the Canadian Young Scientist Journal) and Science.gc.ca. Our aim is to offer an interactive platform where Canadian students can talk about their passions, challenges and ideas on how to further pursue scientific interests and education. We welcome new contributors -- if you are interested please contact us at information@science.gc.ca.


Monday, May 4, 2015

Dear Science

Originally Published: May 4, 2015
Written by Aaron Pan

Dear Science,

I remember our first meeting; it was in grade 4, and you had given me an implant of a fossil. Ever since that day, I’ve known that you are the one I’ve been waiting for.

Our journey together has taken us farther than I ever imagined. You have shown me everything from the Great Red Spot on Jupiter to a hydrochloric acid-sodium hydroxide titration. Science, you have shown me the world, and beyond.

Science, you are honestly the best thing ever. I have never valued anything so much. I found you because you are one I can use to share my deepest thoughts, my biggest worries, and all my excitement. Every time I write my lab reports, I dedicate it to science, the science that is around me, and the science I perform.

Every moment with you is filled with joy and fulfillment. Thank you for everything that you have done for me; I know I act like I don’t really care, but deep inside I am melting of your sweetness. Me and you, you and me, we together form real chemistry. You have inspired me to become a better person; you have taught me the importance of responsibility. I have become aware of the environmental impacts of my every move, and I will make every effort to minimize this. You have shown me a world from a new perspective, a microscopic perspective, where in which empty space is sparsely filled with tiny electrons, protons, and neutrons. I will never forget how empty this universe really is; I will never forget how little probability there is for me to find matter, the matter of science.

I work hard to be able to stay with you. The long nights of solving physics equations, filled with propagating uncertainties and making insignificant assumptions. But I know you are worth it, because you have shown me the courage to pursuit my dream, and make a positive impact for myself and others in the future. Every joule I put into my work gets efficiently transferred to do work in you.

Science, I love you so much, and I appreciate that I have you in my life. I know we have reactions of ups and downs, but we will always find the energy to continue moving up. Don’t worry, Science, I would never cheat on you, not even on Math. You know it too!

Your True Love,
Aaron Pan


P.S. Take me travelling this summer, to a black hole, so that we can be together as one forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment