FSST

This blog is a collaborative effort between the Foundation for Student Science and Technology (formerly the Canadian Young Scientist Journal) and Science.gc.ca. Our aim is to offer an interactive platform where Canadian students can talk about their passions, challenges and ideas on how to further pursue scientific interests and education. We welcome new contributors -- if you are interested please contact us at information@science.gc.ca.


Monday, May 4, 2015

Hello Love

Originally Published: May 4, 2015
Written by Yen Truong

Hello Love,

When we met, I had no idea that you would mean this much you me. I was young, naïve, and did not realize how wonderful you were. I did not appreciate all the beauty and wisdom that you shared with the world. I could not understand your complexity. I was scared to get to you know better. Your world was so different from one I had previously known.

I took a chance and let myself get lost in your world. You let me enter and allowed me to explore every detail about you. I learned about myself in ways I could have never imagined and discovered the world through a point of view unseen to me before. I was so amazed with how well you knew and understood everything. You had an idea, a theory, an explanation for almost anything and everything. You gave me a new breath of life and a reason to want to do what I am doing.

Without a doubt, my most memorable memory with you was at the Huntsman Marine Science Center in New Brunswick. After a week of being immersed in your marine environment, I knew we were a pair meant for the end. Being in Passamaquoddy Bay, I had the chance to learn so much about high tides, low tides, and everything in between. From gazing at the stars on the first night, to a 3-hour barnacle lab on the last day, you never failed to amaze me with your beauty, nor captivate me with your information. Because of this experience, I knew that we would be perfect together.

Science, I love everything about you. I love rearranging complex equations to see that it can easily be expressed with just a few terms. I love observing evolutionary changes throughout history. I even love carbon because it makes up pretty much everything. Even the things I don’t like (geology, I’m looking at you) – I love.

I have learned so much from you and I still have so much more to learn. I have no way to show my gratitude for everything you have given me. I respect all your ideas and welcome them with an open mind. However, I want to be held accountable for my own ideas and so I must have courage to engage in this field of study. I want to join you in the future, so that I can help you inspire a new generation of scientists eager to join your revolution. Learning from the great minds of the past, I want to embrace the world of science now, to lead the scientists of the future.

You mean more to me than I could ever describe in words. You are the reason for everything and the logic behind every decision I make. I am who I am because of you and for that, I will always love you.

With undying love,
Yen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment